Blogging is about reading, thinking, and responding.
For a blogger, getting a comment can be like receiving a little bouquet in your mailbox: a treat for the senses. We brainstormed, discussed, and determined that the points below are important to keep in mind when commenting on our blogs.
- No trolling
- Make your comment worth reading.
- Start a conversation.
- Be positive, interested, and encouraging.
- If you disagree, don’t be rude about it; give constructive (helpful) feedback.
- Connect with the post. Keep your comment on topic and make sense. Say something about the original post.
- Avoid texting shortcuts like u for you and l8r for later, and only use one emoticon if you need to.
- Sometimes add a question at the end to keep the conversation going.
- Re-read your comment before you hit submit–think before you send!
- No “Hi! Visit my blog! Bye!” comments. Be thoughtful.